COVID-19 - Changes to 2020 Sailing Season
The club committee is setting up a scheme to be in regular touch with members and support where possible. At the very least we hope to organise online social interaction and learning to maintain moral.
The committee had an online meeting on Thursday 19/03/2020 and made the following decisions based on the information at the time from the government.
The club will open, but with restrictions and guidelines to support the country during this difficult period.
These are as follows;
- All racing and duties for April are cancelled.
- The following events are cancelled:
- The work party on the 4th April.
- The Laser and Solo Regatta on the 23 May.
- The RYA “Try Sailing” event on the 30 May.
- Racing and other events in May will be reviewed by the committee towards the end of April.
- The following events will definitely take place in 2020, but the dates may need to change:
- Adult and Kids camp – application will be online – more will follow.
- The Annual Regatta.
- The Diamond Jubilee.
At present the club house has a problem with its supply of water, which means the toilets and kitchen are out of use. We will get this fixed and inform you once achieved – until then the club house is not to be used.
Boat and Caravan Park
Members can take their boats and caravans down to the club. If doing so, please respect the social distancing rules and other members. I would ask that that groups aged over 60 go in the afternoon and those under 60 go in the morning.
As per the Prime Ministers briefing today (Sunday 22/03/2020) – we recognise that fresh air is important to maintain well being particularly if enduring long periods of isolation. Therefore, its up to individuals to choose if they go sailing or not, BUT we expect all members to respect social distancing and government advice at the time.
Should members choose to sail then please understand the following:
- Race marks will not be laid until racing starts.
- The club will not provide safety cover until racing starts. Club rules only require the club to provide safety cover at races.
- If we can put the red and white safety boats on their moorings, then only members qualified with Power Boat Level 2 may use them to support their sailing activities.